Summer. So far, it’s been an odd combination of busy and nothing at all.
It’s been a little like this:
• Squash grilling with friends and family.
• Parties for every reason:
Someone’s moving; it’s a birthday; hey, it’s Thursday, let’s have a party.
• Pool days.
• Iced champagne with orange juice and grenadine.
• Friendship bracelets. Lots and lots of friendship bracelets.
• Garden finds, like zucchini the size of newborns.
• Spending too much money at the farmer’s market.
• Wrinkly toes and chipped green nail polish.
• Chicken gobbles and sun tea.
• Camping anticipation.
• Watching friends’ pups.
• Cold water straight from the hose.
• Fireworks out back.
• Flip-flop tan lines on my feet.
• Day trips and summer tunes.
• Runs at twilight.
• Tomatoes plucked from the vine.